Saturday, September 26, 2009

On Saturday night my mom, my mom's friend Jessica, a kid named Jonah(I know what your thinking, and NO he didn't get swallowed by a whale) and I went on this owl watch hike. The first time I went on the owl watch I didn't see any owls until it was time to go . Then I saw two baby owls and their parents. We followed the owls for maybe 10 minutes.

Owl watchers meet in front of the woods by the parking lot. When everyone gets there the guide tells you some facts about owls. Some of the things that are taught are that owls wings have fringed feathers so that they can sneak up on their pray. We also learned that when we go on owl walks we are disturbing nature by making owl calls because it makes the owls think that their neighbor is invading their territory.








1 comment:

  1. Great blog, Elijah! Looks like you are having fun learning, which is what homeschooling is all about!

    ReplyDelete

Monday ~ Physical Science with my friend Erik

Photobucket